1. AIMS AND SCOPEUncertain multi-criteria decision making (UMCDM) is to select or rank objects based on the evaluation done by the decision-maker on several criteria under uncertainty. UMCDM has been proved as a useful means in diverse fields like management, finance, economics, education, environmental protection, medicine, engineering and so on. Due to numerous successful applications, it becomes more and more prevailing.
It becomes quite a challenging task, as far as the solution methodologies of UMCDM is concerned. The complexity becomes more and more significant in terms of problem size (e.g., number of criteria, size of the search space). Moreover, the solution time has to be reasonable for most of the problems encountered in practice. Hence, the development of advanced multi-criteria evolutionary algorithms has been widely investigated.
This Special Issue aims to collect the most recent outstanding contributions in both theory and practice, which apply evolutionary algorithms to solve multi-criteria decision making problems under uncertain environments. The original studies that propose novel multi-criteria decision making models under uncertainty and creative solution methodologies by classical and/or evolutionary algorithms are especially welcome.
2. TOPICS COVEREDThe topics include but are not limited to:
- Theoretical foundations of UMCDM
- Evolutionary computation in UMCDM
- Innovative applications on UMCDM
- Multi-criteria decision support systems and knowledge-based systems
- Risk analysis/modelling, sensitivity/robustness analysis
3. SUBMISSION GUIDELINESAll authors should read ‘Information for Authors’ before submitting a manuscript http://cis.ieee.org/ieee-transactions-on-fuzzy-systems.html
Submissions should be through the IEEE TFS journal website http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/tfs-ieee.
It is essential that your manuscript is identified as a Special Issue contribution:
- Ensure you choose ‘Special Issue’ when submitting.
- A cover letter must be included which includes the title ‘Special Issue on Uncertain Multi-Criteria Decision Making Using Evolutionary Algorithms (DMEA)’
4. IMPORTANT DATES
- 31 December 2017: Submission deadline
- 31 March 2018: Notification of the first round review
- 31 May 2018: Revised submission due
- 31 July 2018: Final notice of acceptance/reject
- October 2018: Special Issue publication
5. GUEST EDITORSProf. Xiang Li
Beijing University of Chemical Technology, Beijing, China
Prof. Samarjit Kar
National Institute of Technology Durgapur, Durgapur, India